The Balance Sheet course provides a practical, example-filled walk through of the composition of the Balance Sheet report. Learn what to look for to spot things that ‘are not quite right’, as well as understanding what checks to carry out.
- Overview of the theory – accounting equation and report types
- Definition of solvency and how the Balance Sheet helps us
- Analysing the Balance Sheet for important financial information
- What to consider as part of regular checks in an accounts role
- Knowledge checks (each lesson and end of course)
- Smart Books learning resources
- Example Balance Sheet (MBIE) to refer to.
Recommended Prior Learning
Smart Books course: The Accounting Equation
High school or tertiary accounting studies.
What Will You Learn?
- Learn how to check the Balance Sheet for solvency
- Understand the different report types shown on the Balance Sheet
- Know what to look for that could alert important issues
- Develop knowledge into useful procedures
Lesson 1: Balance Sheet components and definitions16:46
Lesson 1: Knowledge Check
End of Course Knowledge Check
Student Ratings & Reviews
Thank you so much
It contains lots of useful knowledge and tips to help you understand the balance sheet.
Very informative and helpful in assessing the financial health of a business.
Thank you Leaine.
The lessons and videos were informative, well presented and clear.
I enjoyed taking the quizzes at the end of each lesson and the final assessment.